The Nu Village
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Riddle Explained!

2 posters

Go down

Daily Riddle Explained! Empty Daily Riddle Explained!

Post by StormCrow Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:58 pm

So this is a list of the Daily Riddles completed and the method to my madness.
1. Naruto-Brier victim.1 to 9. Blessed Moon. -Brier victim references Brer Fox, 1 to 9, would be the the nine demons, and a blessed moon is a holy moon or an empty or plot holed moon. I.e the weird moon plot.
2.Bleach- Unlucky Court. Janus Touched. Release.- Unlucky court references 13 as a unlucky number and the 13 court guard squads. Janus Touched refers to the two-faced roman god and the divided souls Vizored and Arrancar. Release should be obvious.
3. Three Penny Opera, Mack the Knife-Shark tooth Jack with kid gloves. Brown Donkey Peach. Machine God- Shark Tooth Jack is of course a reference to the Song Die Moritat von Mackie Messer or Mack the Knife (Note: link is to Sinatra Version not original), Mack is also associated with Kid gloves. Brown Donkey Peach is Lucy Brown, Jenny and Polly Peachum who are Mack's Lovers. Machine God is a play on God from the Machine or Deus Ex Machina which Third Threepenny Finale definitely is.
4.?-11 to 1. Knife, Train, Limp, Glasses. Baseball and Lost Child.-?

StormCrow

Back to top Go down

Daily Riddle Explained! Empty Re: Daily Riddle Explained!

Post by mookie Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:19 am

Dang, I got the Machine God part and Shark tooth Jack made me think of Jack the Ripper (Y'know...sharkteeth...ripping....), so I tried to find a play that had Jack the Ripper and a deus ex machina. Turns out that a play from 1904 had Jack the Ripper himself as deus ex machina (as in, he comes and murders somebody in the end). So close, yet so far.

mookie

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum